What is a resource page anyway? We wanted to put the information on here you needed to know more about our team, FIRST and how you can be involved.
- What’s a robotics team made of? YOU – We are a team of students from Northwestern High School, Mentors from Andy Mark and parents who all work together to build an awesome robot that we use to compete in a FIRST program. We ALL play a part in the process! Everyone matters and makes an impact.
- What is a FIRST program? They start with Lego League Jr., then Lego League to Tech Challenge and then Robotics Competition (don’t worry if you’ve not done any of these before, it’s not a requirement)
- IndianaFIRST is an organization dedicated to growing FIRST robotics programs in the state of Indiana. In short – it’s how we compete with other teams in the state and nation.
- We meet weekly on Tuesday nights from 6-8 pm during our pre-season (before Jan 1) at AndyMark.Check out our schedule (if you want to be involved, you need to be able to make at least 50% of our meetings).
- Contact us or talk to one of the team members at school.
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr or post something on our Facebook page. We’ll be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you may have.
- Come to one of our meetings to see us in person! You can see what we do, see our robot, and meet team members. Check out our schedule at the bottom of the page (or here on mobile). We meet at AndyMark regularly (see the schedule for times). Just give us a heads up before you give us a visit, please.
- Spread the word! Talk to your friends, family, dentist, whoever you talk to! Plug us on Facebook, Twitter, whatever! The more people that know about us, the more of a positive impact we’re having on the community!